Fire Prompts Evacuation Of Apartment Complex
KSAL Staff - Wed 08:44 PM 10/24/2012
A fire prompted the evacuation of a Central Salina apartment complex Wednesday evening.
First responders were called to a three-story brick complex at the corner of East Crawford and 2nd Streets at around 7:45. Smoke was visible, coming out of the the lower level of the complex, as crews arrived.
Firefighters went door-to-door, evacuating the facility.
Crews were able to quickly get the fire under control, and keep it contained to the lower level. They then worked at ventilating smoke and dangerous fumes from the complex.
While the fire was contained to the lower levels, smoke filled the entire complex.
The North Central Kansas Chapter of the American Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the residents.
There were no serious injuries in the incident.