Salina Man in ICU After Fire
Jeff Garretson - Mon 11:17 AM 03/11/2013
An early morning fire sends a man to the ICU at Salina Regional Health Center.
Lt. Scott Siemsen tells KSAL News that a fire on Monday just after 3am in a vacant room at the Phoenix Apartments, 100 N. 5th, caused smoke damage and minor burn damage to a room where it appears a man had been trespassing.
Police say a hot plate may be to blame for the fire. Lt. Siemsen says a 30-year-old male was found unresponsive on the floor of the vacant room.
Police did not release the name of the man, but say he is from Salina.