Smoky Hill River Festival Medallion Quest Treasure Hunt Begins Tuesday
KSAL Staff - Sun 09:30 PM 05/27/2012
The hunt for the Smoky Hill River Festival Medallion begins Tuesday.
Tuesday morning a hand-crafted medallion will be hidden on public property somewhere in Salina. Whoever finds the medallion wins a Smoky Hill River Festival prize package valued at over $4,000.
A Festival Quest Weekend Package will be awarded to the first-eligible person to find the medallion and follow the directions printed on the back. The prize package ensures that the lucky sleuth has a great time at this year's Festival. It includes:
• $2,000 cash
• $2,000 in Festival gift certificates, to be used at the Fine Art Show, Four Rivers Craft Show, and the Art/Craft Demonstration Area
• Four Festival admission Buttons
• One on-ground Festival parking pass (weather permitting)
• Invitation for four to the Festival's Art Patron Breakfast on June 9
•Assorted Festival T-shirts, entertainer's CDs, and other Festival memorabilia
Clues will be released to the "Medallion Quest Clues News" feed on the Medallion Quest page of the River Festival website at approximately 7:30 a.m. each morning until the medallion is found. Clues will also be posted on the west entry doors of the Arts and Humanities office located at 211 W. Iron Ave.
Clues will not be given over the phone at any location.
Medallion hunters can access the clue at the follow locations:
• The Smoky Hill River Festival website: riverfestival.com
• Posted on the entrance door to the Salina Arts & Humanities office at 211 W. Iron (the west door of the Smoky Hill Museum at 8th Street and Iron)
The medallion will be located on public property within the Salina city limits. It will be located in an easily accessible spot.
Please review the Festival Quest rules below for complete guidelines:
• Once the medallion is found, the Festival's website and participating local media will announce the winner.
• The medallion is NOT hidden on private property.
• The medallion IS located on public property within the Salina city limits, not exclusive to City parks.
• If you are looking in City parks for the 2012 Festival Quest Medallion, you must observe park curfews — check signs posted at each park for curfew times.
• The medallion is easily accessed.
• You do NOT need a ladder and do NOT need to climb.
• You will be able to remove the medallion easily from its location.
• You do NOT need to dig, or disrupt property.
• The medallion CANNOT be located with a metal detector.
• The medallion is NOT hidden on a building.
• The medallion will NOT be located in Oakdale or Kenwood parks due to Festival preparations.
• You must be 18 years or older to present the medallion and claim the prize.
• Employees and their families of Salina Arts & Humanities or Foundation, the City of Salina, and King Industries, Inc. are not eligible to win.
• Proper photo identification (valid Driver's License, Passport, State ID, Military ID) is required to claim the prize.
• All participants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Salina Arts & Humanities and Arts and Humanities Foundation, its sponsors, and the media have the right to publicize, or broadcast the winner's name, photo, or personal interview.
• All prizes are non-transferable. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
• Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
• Upon confirmation of the find and eligibility, the winner will be awarded the prize.
• Upon finding the medallion, immediately follow the directions printed on the back to claim the prize.
• No purchase is necessary to search for the FESTIVAL QUEST medallion and/or win.
• Participant assumes all risk and releases the City of Salina/Salina Arts and Humanities/Salina Arts and Humanities Foundation from any liability for any injuries or damages to themselves.