Saturday Fire Damages Another Abilene Restaurant
Jason Vinduska - Sat 10:31 AM 02/23/2013
For the second time in just a couple of days a fire damages an Abilene restaurant. Firefighters were called to the Sonic drive in at around 9:00 Saturday morning. Crews were on the scene about 30 minutes for a grease fire caused by the fryer hood. Store Manager Chris Huff said that the automatic fire system had been recently serviced, but didn't activate. Huff and one other employee were in the store at the time. No one was hurt. Fire official Ronny Rein expects the business to be closed several days. On Wednesday night a massive fire destroyed the historic Kirby House restaurant in Abilene.